Monday, August 11, 2008

Rethink. Reconsider. Remind. Remember.

Sarcasm is a part of my personality. I like sarcasm, most of the time. But there's a certain point where it gets to be a bit much. I've been in situations where I've been made uncomfortable because it was just too much, even though I didn't show it. Maybe I should've said something, but that's neither here, nor there. Or is it? Anyway, sarcasm definitely does offend some people. It has never been my intention to offend someone, and I hope I never have. However, if I ever have, I am sorry for doing so. Sometimes I say things, and I don't realize that it might be taken the wrong way. Other people who are sarcastic don't realize what they say can hurt others, or maybe some do. I'm sure some do.

I suppose I should watch myself a bit more. Some people definitely take sarcasm the wrong way.
That doesn't mean you have to go about changing your entire life, but just be more considerate around other people. You don't know what can offend them.

No comments: