Friday, August 8, 2008

Chicago!

I keep forgetting to post about my adventures in Chicago this past June. Specifically, I want to talk about the Art Insitute, and how I came across some great artists.

First up, is Amadeo de Souza Cardoso. His painting, "The Leap of the Rabbit" really caught my attention. Cardoso is from Portugal, and I thought it was great to see a Portuguese artist at the Institute, since I myself am of Portuguese descent.

I think his use of colors are so beautiful. It's, I think, one of my favorite paintings.

Photobucket

Next up, is Duane Michals. He is a photographer, and his series of 8 photos, collectively known as "The Bogeyman" really caught my eye. I think he has a brilliant way of capturing these images, and the idea behind it is quite creative. It's a child's nightmare, brought to life.

Photobucket

I couldn't find the full series of the 8 photos that were large enough for viewing. The only one a found was here, but you can't see much. The closest I came, was a series of 6 photos that are large enough for viewing. Even though two photos are missing, you can at least get the gist of it by clicking here

No comments: