Friday, August 29, 2008

From a different angle

My brother and I were discussing Radiohead. I mentioned about my sister's experience when she saw them back in the 90s, and how they faced their backs to the audience out of shyness. My brother offered that maybe they did that on purpose. He is a musician, and when he plays shows, he sometimes wishes he could just face the other musicians on stage rather than the audience. Some musicians can get caught up with what the audience is thinking, rather than be being enveloped in the music 100%. Of course, everyone is different, and maybe Radiohead was shy that time.

He also went on to say that Radiohead creates music for our time. It's like a view into our world in the present, and the future. It is current and consistent. Fresh. Radiohead gets it. That's why so many people like that band. They are able to create music that connects with everyone.

No comments: