Friday, August 15, 2008

A Green Sahara

I had heard about this theory before; the Sahara was once a lush green valley.

Just now I came across an article that proves this theory true. They found remains of animals from thousands of years ago that do not inhabit that region anymore. They also found remnants of two ancient civilizations that are believed to have existed 1,000 years apart.

Link: here

I don't know about you, but I think it's interesting to think about the people who lived thousands of years ago. We live in the digital age, the "age of wires". These people lived in a simple way. When we think about how humans first lived, it's sort of a realization that we truly don't as much as we have. But the world is moving forward, faster and faster into the digital abyss. I guess we all have to catch up some time.

No comments: