Saturday, August 9, 2008

Helios.

The sun is departing. Night is taking day's place. The sky is almost fully dark. We think the sun is setting into the ocean, but really it's about to greet fellow members of our human race on the other side of the world as they begin their day. It is Sunday somewhere else. The athletes in Beijing are preparing to display their abilities in their chosen sport. Someone is going to church. Someone is eating breakfast. Someone just awoke from a beautiful, or perhaps terrible dream.

I'd say about 15 minutes ago, I mentioned to my brother that I really enjoy this time of day. It's very nostalgic. He agreed. There's something about the colors in the sky, and the peace that manifests at this time of the day that is so wonderul. It makes me feel "infinite" at times. I think it is my favorite time of the day. It brings me back.

I love infinite moments. But I think that is worth another post entirely.

What's your favorite time of day? How does the painted sky make you feel?

p.s. Listening to Panda Bear is really great at this time of the day/night.

No comments: