Thursday, August 7, 2008

Late of the Pier: Castle Donington's Finest.

I'm getting a bit ahead of myself, here.
On Monday, I was in the Virgin Megastore, frantically searching for Late Of The Pier's "Fantasy Black Channel". I finally realized, that it wasn't available in stores yet. At least not in the US, and the official date for release is August 11th. I was bummed at the recollection of this information. And I had just received a late of the pier newsletter that morning...
yeah...
Of course, you can probably find it somewhere on the internet for free...

So, I'm going to blabber on about these 4 English lads for a bit.
I came across them about 5 months ago, through the internet, of course. Where else? When I first saw the video for "Focker" I thought they were crazy in the greatest way possible. After that, though, I didn't think to look much further. I viewed a few videos here and there, but it didn't go any further. Until finally, I just sat there, listening to "Space and the Woods" over and over. And it's now the most played track of all time in my music library. Ha.
This is such a pointless post, but not really. Good publicity for the band, not that anyone reads this. Somewhere between the nonsensical, unorganized writing, I am trying to say that, fellow reader(s), Late Of The Pier are something special. Keep your eye out.

I could go on, terribly explaining what I find so charming about these 4 fellows, but I figure you should find out for yourself. Once you've discovered a band that needs to microwave a drum stick in order to play properly, you know you've gotten a hold of something brilliant.

plug plug plug:
http://www.lateofthepier.com/
http://www.myspace.com/lateofthepier/

No comments: