Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Purify the colors. Purify my mind.

When I went to the Berkeley Art Museum, I came across a very interesting book in their bookstore entitled The Frog Who Croaked Blue by Jamie Ward.

This book explores Syntesthesia, which is a condtion that allows people to experience things in color. It's extremely interesting to me, and I thought it was worth sharing.

book webiste

Example of Synesthesia:
Sound- associating color with a certain sound.
Numbers- associating certain numbers with certain colors.
Words- words triggering a certain taste or color.

This also reminded me of an artist I came across earlier this year, Neil Harbisson, who is colorblind, but due to new technology, he is able to paint and identify color through sound.

http://www.harbisson.com/

No comments: