Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dark Was The Night

A while back, I posted about the Dark Was The Night Compliation benefiting the Red Hot Organization.

So many wonderful musicians are taking part including Arcade Fire, Bon Iver, Andrew Bird, Beirut, Kevin Drew, and Sufjan Stevens.

Each Day, Dark Was The Night will be releasing one song from the compilation on Myspace so that you may stream it and get a glimpse at what the compilation is all about.

I am pleased to announce that today is the day that Sufjan's song entitled "You Are The Blood" is the featured song of the day.

Although it is only one song, I feel like Sufjan is definitely testing out a different sound, and venturing into new waters. This is not a bad thing, for music is meant to evolve over time. This particular song has more of an electronic touch, but the lovely piano and horns are not gone! Of course not!

Like I said, this is only one song, but if it's any indication of what his new material will sound like, I think it may be a pleasant surprise for all of us. Time will tell. Either way, it's no secret that I am anticipating the arrival of new music from Mr. Stevens.

Expecting great things....

No comments: