Friday, January 30, 2009

Coachella Spotlight: A Place To Bury Strangers

Today's edition of Coachellapedia is focusing on the New York-based trio A Place To Bury Strangers.

I've been digging their sound for the past few months. Their single "I Know I'll See You" is one of those songs that I found myself listening to over and over again.

A Place To Bury Strangers spent 2008 touring with Nine Inch Nails, and then with MGMT in the fall. They've gained much acclaim in the past year or two, and I can see why. Their music is comprised of various styles- from dark ambient sounds to loud garage rock.

I have yet to listen to all of their repertoir, which consists of just one full-length, and various EPs. However, with the songs that I have heard thus far, I can't say I'm disappointed with this band. I'll let you know more as I continue the exploration.

I've heard excellent things about their live performances, and I hope Coachella proves those statements correct.


I Know Ill See You - A Place To Bury Strangers

No comments: