Thursday, October 16, 2008

Off to Norway.

Bergen, Norway is the home to some lovely musicians.

Most notably The Kings of Convenience (whose members are also a part of The Whitest Boy Alive and Kommode). Datarock is also from Bergen. But sorry, Datarock. I am not here to discuss you. No offense.

I love the calm melodies of Kings of Convenience.
I love the brilliant melodies of the whitest boy alive.
and so forth.

My favorite Whitest Boy Alive song is Figures. It is wonderful.
My favorite Kings song...well, I love them all.

what a poorly structured post.

While we're on the topic of Nordic countries, let's talk about Sweden and their music-loving government. I read in SPIN magazine a few months back about how the Swedish government really advocates music and wants to make sure Swedish music gets known. If I remember correctly, they said that they want the world to have a positive image of Sweden.

Read more here:
Page One
Page Two
Page Three
Click on the screen to zoom in on the article.

No comments: