Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Drums.

Ever since I returned from San Francisco at the end of August, I have been especially into playing the drums. I am sans drumset here at home, though. So how can I be into playing the drums with no drums around? Makeshift drums, I suppose. The reason I've been so into drums is probably because while I was up in SF, I played the drums in my sister's apartment and I was enthusiastic/excited about playing. Plus, we had a sweet miniature jam session. I love those.

There are numerous instruments I want to play. The list is always growing.

Recently, I have been noticing more and more how much music actually does help me. I have always said it in the past...how music is so important to me and all that, but it seems that in these past couple of months this has been even more apparent, and that is comforting. Art is so great for that reason.

Completely off topic:
I really like this hat that used to belong to my grandmother in the 1930s. I never actually met her, though, for she passed away 2 years before I was born. But from what I know, she was a tough and fashionable lady. I have been wearing this hat all afternoon. It was just sitting in the closet forever, so I decided I'd wear it. From now on, I will be sporting this hat as often as I can. Plus, the cold months are here, so it is fitting. As a child I always loved hats and wore them often, without any fuss. I guess I am going back to that.

No comments: