Sunday, November 23, 2008

Theatrics.

I've come across this idea many times, and I tend to agree with it...the idea that show-goers have become more demanding. Not everyone, but I'd say in general that's rather true. It no longer suffices to just see a band play and then leave. We want theatrics. We want to be entertained. While it's great to see what the musicians come up with, is it necessary? Probably not, but it's definitely a bonus to the show. One could look at this and say that it's completely taking away the focus of going to a show simply for the music. I don't know, I just thought I'd share.

The past few shows I've attended, there have been many visuals to accompany the music, which was excellent. I think it did make the show more interesting. I'm not sure where I stand on this issue, however.

No comments: