Sunday, November 23, 2008

Hollow Earth Radio

DIY radio. That's something I've been interested in for quite some time, and I hope that I will get to be a part of that realm in the future...even if it is just for a short time in college. I think it'd be great to have a little show on college radio.

I just came across Hollow Earth Radio while perusing through the Sub Pop Blog. It is a DIY radio station operating from a basement. I think that's pretty awesome.

Hollow Earth Radio: “found sound, field recordings, story-telling (sometimes paranormal), dream-collecting, radio plays, live house shows and local in-home performances.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey this is Garrett from Hollow Earth Radio - thanks for writing about us.

It's pretty easy to get involved with the radio if you're interested in doing a show ... I presume your in the PacNW?

Gabby // avant noise said...

Garrett,

you're welcome! I think it's great.

I live in California, so I'm a bit far from you guys, but if there's some way I could get involved...that would be great!