Thursday, November 20, 2008

maybe we just take ourselves too seriously.

I couldn't agree more with that. The above title was provided by Mark White (I Was A Fountain).

I really do take things far more seriously than they need to be taken, especially myself. That's really not a good trait, but it is who I am, and I am learning to relax a bit. I guess we'll see how that works out.

And while I'm racking my brain thinking of ways in which I can get to and from Los Angeles this Saturday, I honestly think to myself that I am being incredibly selfish. Yeah, sure, I'll miss a great show and hanging out. Yeah, sure, I might loose some money (thankfully, ticket insurance exists. We'll see how that works out). But in the grand scheme of things, there are much more important things I should be focusing my energy towards. This is not the Gabulous Universe where things soley revolve around me wanting to see Of Montreal. It's not a "me" society, it is a "we" society. Life involves compromise at certain points. And while I am fully aware of this, I, as well as practically the rest of the human species, act selfish at times. What a foolish thing to do.

On an academic note, I have to write a 500 word essay comparing two things. The subject can be about anything I want. Take a wild guess as to what I will be choosing...

time's up.

Yes, that is correct. My topic of choice is music. What a shock. The whole layout is as follows; we must either pick two things within the realm of our chosen subject (in my case, music) that are either very similar or very disimilar. If they are similar, we must find differences, and if they are disimilar, we must find similarities. It might seem a bit confusing, but I'm looking forward in seeing how this all turns out. I'm thinking I'll just compare two bands, but I need to figure out who I want to compare to who. It has to be as specific as possible. I might even do two albums.

We'll see.

No comments: