Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Photography: Robert Doisneau

I've been meaning to post about French photographer Robert Doisneau for quite some time. His photography immediately caught my attention when I visited the Art Institute of Chicago this past summer. I came across a 2009 calendar entitled "Happiness", featuring some of his brilliant work. I promptly purchased it. (gotta love those trusty museum gift shops. The things you find...)

I am fascinated with the way Doisneau captured Parisian life, or rather, just simple human interactions in general. The Parisian backdrop makes it even more beautiful. The set of 12 photographs featured in the calendar are amazing. I couldn't find many of them online, however.

Either way, I encourage you to check out his work, and perhaps even the "Happiness" calendar, which can be found at a bookstore.

No comments: