Friday, December 19, 2008

Things of the mind.

Things that are on my mind;

Christmas. It is a joyous occasion, but everyone is so stressed out over buying gifts and such. That is not the point of Christmas.

The music industry and the fact that it could essentially downsize even further. As a person who dreams of entering the music business (not as a performer/artist, however), I have to take a step back and assess the situation. I have been cautioned by those already in the industry (and they have been in the industry 40+ years, mind you) that this is not the time to enter such a business. But will there ever be a "good" time? I don't know. From what I have read, jobs are scarce, and a lot of labels are downsizing or closing. How am I supposed to start my own label, and expect to survive in the "real" world?

Literature. I was at Border's today, buying a copy of The Perks of Being a Wallflower for a friend as a gift. The cashier at the register exclaimed most sincerely, "I love this book!" For some reason, that simple statement made me smile. Perks is a wonderful book, by the way. Read it if you have not done so yet!

Simple things in life make it worthwhile. I couldn't help but be glad over the flock of birds I saw in the sky in their "v" formation, flying south for the winter.

Take the time to notice the small things. They are worth it.

:)

No comments: