Wednesday, December 31, 2008

One last thing

I'm getting very nostalgic at the moment. (what else is new?)

I'm going to reflect one more time about this year.
good things happened.
bad things happened.

I attended Coachella for the first time (finally, after waiting forever), and that was an incredible weekend, musically. The location at that time of year is perfect for such a festival. I miss you all the time, Coachella. See you in 2009.

I attended Beirut at the Wiltern. It was wonderful. Being in the front row didn't hurt, either.

Outside Lands Festival in San Francisco. I saw Radiohead, Beck, The Black Keys, among others. Awesome.

Chicago. I love you. Mostly because you remind me of Sufjan Stevens, but I still love you nonetheless. Oh, and maybe because I want to attend school there. The midwest in general is an interesting place that I'd like to see more of. I miss you too, Indiana.

I met some interesting people this year. I am thankful. Friendships were strengthened, and new friendships began. Some people decided to move away, but distance is not something new in my life, so I deal with that as best as I can I guess.

Thanks 2008. It's in the books. I like a lot of you, 2008, but I dislike some of you, too.

Until next year,

Gabby.

No comments: