Monday, September 8, 2008

Arts & Crafts

There are various musical gems scattered about the United States.
One such place would be in the state of Missouri, where Arts & Crafts reside and create.

Arts & Crafts are two teenagers, Ryan and Chris, who are capable of making some nostalgic/emotion-inducing/makes-you-think-and-wows-you-music. At least that has been my experience.

I think that any explantion I give can't fully define them, but I will tell you this; when I was exposed to Arts & Crafts about a year and a half ago, there was no turning back. I got excited about their music, and from the more recent tracks I've heard, it's only going to get better and better.

The "Pincones ep" is comprised of seven tracks (most of which don't have "actual" titles) that take you on a mental journey through space and then gently places you back on planet Earth in a grassy field somewhere. It makes you feel well. It makes you feel...something. My favorite track on the ep is "Pinecone", and I think it's my favorite Arts & Crafts track of all time.

Other songs you won't find on the ep include "Tay Tay Luxurious", "Brightly Blue", and "Almighty Dollar". "Almighty Dollar" is the newest track I've heard, and if it's any indication of what the future of Arts and Crafts will sound like, then I am extremely content.

One might say that their "experimental" tracks are reminiscent of Panda Bear.
But I leave all of that up to you.

myspace. click here.
last.fm click here.
(you can download their Pinecones ep on last.fm)

No comments: