Friday, November 6, 2009

To the Pacific Northwest We Go.



Just some images of Phil Elvrum from when he was in the Washington-based band The Microphones.

Lately, I've been dreaming of the Pacific Northwest, and these photos only make me think of traveling to Oregon and Washington even more. It all seems wonderful. I can't wait to embark on that journey.

For now, though, I'll be here, listening to The Microphones and Helios (a wonderful Portland-based one-man band lead by Keith Kenniff that I haven't been able to get enough of for the past few years).

On a different note, Iceland (and essentially ever other Scandinavian country) always puts forth some great musicians. I've been listening to a lot of bands from that region lately. They're not new discoveries by any means, but rather old and familiar bands that I'm getting re-acquainted with. I love it when that happens. Maybe I'll devote a post to the great countries of Northern Europe soon.


No comments: