Tuesday, December 15, 2009

2000-2009

In an attempt to assess the mass amounts of music that has been created since the year 2000, I have found myself writing a memoir of my adolescence instead of a simple blog post listing some noteworthy albums. The truth is, there were just too many good albums to choose from. While I just might post my homage to the past decade of music elsewhere-- I'll keep it simple and straightforward for this blog. I wouldn't even call this a "best albums of the decade" list. Each album presented here is quite different. This is more like a "albums I found myself listening to over and over in this decade" list.

I present to you (some of) my favorite albums of the past ten years, in order of the year in which each album was released.

-------------------------------------------

Radiohead / Kid A (2000)



Wilco / Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (2002)



Sufjan Stevens / Michigan (2003)



Death Cab for Cutie / Transatlanticism (2003)



Arcade Fire / Funeral (2004)



Sufjan Stevens / Illinois (2005)



Bright Eyes / I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning (2005)



Margot and the Nuclear So and So's / The Dust of Retreat (2006)



M. Ward / Post-War (2006)



Snowden / Anti-Anti (2006)



Panda Bear / Person Pitch (2007)



Radiohead / In Rainbows (2007)



Berlin Whale / Berlin Whale (2007)



Of Montreal / Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer? (2007)



That Ghost / Young Fridays (2008)

No comments: