Sunday, May 3, 2009

Live: Yann Tiersen at the El Rey



Someone posted this from last night's show. It was one of my favorite moments of the show, and I was absolutely in awe.

I was up at the front, and being that close to the stage made the night that much better. The musicianship was wonderful. Highlight's included Sur Le Fil (the video above), Esther, La Valse d'Amelie, Le Train, and many others. The live renditions of the songs are so wonderful. If you think Yann is brilliant on disc, he is even more incredible live.

I heard that Yann came out about 10 minutes after the show had ended, and people were talking to him. It would have been great to meet him. I'm really glad that he finally came to the U.S. Hopefully he'll return once his new album is released.

The opening band, Asobi Seksu, also really impressed me. I had heard some of their songs the day before the show, and I thought they were okay, but I didn't think much of it. I like them a lot better live, and if they're ever in Los Angeles again, I'd definitely go and see them. They had an excellent presence and a really powerful sound. Check them out.

Click here for Yann's set list, and here for Asobi Seksu's set list.

No comments: